Monday, November 10, 2014

Knowing when to let go.


It is true that God brings people into our lives for a reason and purpose and He can also take them out too if they have accomplished His purpose but sometimes we don't understand this and so we end up fighting so hard to hold on to the people that God wants us to let go of.  This can be very exhausting emotionally and physically and most times the result is devastating. 

I remember sometime ago someone I had been friends with for a couple of years suddenly went all cold and AWOL on me and left me wondering what the issue was. I know I tried hard to see that I was giving all that I could to see that the relationship lasted but it was fruitless. I knew it but I didn't want to let go. I cared for this fellow. They were dear to me. I struggled within for a while until one day in Church, the pastor preached about the story of Paul and Barnabas and after a closer look and much studying of the Word I saw things differently and clearly. It was easier for me to let go and the peace that followed was amazing! I understood that I had to know when to trust God and let go. Not everyone who comes into your life is there to stay. Most are just passing through and us having the knowledge of God's will when it comes to relationships is very important. His word says that His thoughts towards us are thoughts of good and not of evil to give us an expected end and God never lies. He isn't a man that he should, He is God Almighty. We need to trust Him well enough to let go easily when its necessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment