Sunday, April 26, 2015

I take Your hand, Sweet Jesus.


When my world falls down around me

and the ground is sinking sand.

When peace can't be found on this earth

Sweet Jesus I reach out for your hand.

When your hands wraps "round my own"

A strength pours from your soul.

It brings to me a quiet calm.

Till once again I am whole.

The walls around me try to give way.

The voice of Sin attempts to deter me away

but Sweet Jesus my gaze is fixed on you.

I know for sure, you won't let go.

A peace beyond all reason

A rest there in your touch.

Something in your quiet words.

My heart yearns for so much.

If I but rest my worries

upon your shoulder there

Strength that pours forth from your soul

will wash away each care.

Like a cool sweet taste of water

For a tired thirsty man

Or the delicious taste of a loaf of bread

for a hungry fellow

My heart finds peace, my soul is calm.

When my hand finally grasps yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment